Monday, June 1, 2009

Mission Possible Mondays!

HERE IS YOUR MISSION SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT:

Make an effort to find and go to a Farmer's Market this week instead of getting your produce from a grocery store.

DETAILS:

Did you know that product you purchase from the grocery store has already lost most of its nutritional value in transit? Fruit and vegetables have 100% of their nutrition before they are picked. Once picked, they begin to loose their nutrition.

Farmers markets usually pick the fruit and you can purchase it that same day or the very next. It is the freshest you can possibly buy the fruit/veggies without growing it yourself! Grocery stores order the produce from farmers and several days later it is shipped on airplanes to the grocery stores. Each day that goes by, the produce loses more and more nutrition. How many days was it sitting at the grocery store before you purchased it?

All this considered, there may be more nutrition in frozen produce than actually getting it fresh at the grocery store. So with all this in mind, do what you can this week to get the most nutrition for you and your family and visit a Farmer's Market!

DEADLINE:

Try to visit a Farmer's Market from now until Monday, June 8th! If you do so, come back here and comment that you completed the Mission!

LAST MISSION COMPLETE:

Last time the Mission was to "Go through your clothes and get rid of all the ones that don't fit anymore, out of style or that you haven't worn in over 1 year.".

I completed this mission. It was a very hard, sad task for me. I had to face the fact that my college clothes would never be worn again. Either I didn't like the styles anymore or they just wouldn't fit the same again. It was a very hard task for me but I did it! I got rid of 2 laundry baskets full of clothes.

My mom had a garage sale where I was able to sell most of my blue jeans and a few of my shirts. Everything else is going into my FREE Rummage Sale this Saturday! It will be nice to be rid of them once and for all!

Did you complete this Mission? If so report it here!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online