Friday, April 2, 2010
Walgreens Transaction 1:
- 8 Barilla Pastas $1.50 each.
- Used $.99 WC which took off $4.
- Used (8) $.55/1 MFG.
- Total before coupons was $12-8.40(coupons)=$3.60+.16(tax)=$3.76 for all 8!
Walgreens Transaction 2:
- 2 Chex Mix $.99 each.
- 1 Betty Crocker Warm Delights $1
- 1 Lint Roller Kit $1 (clearance)
- 1 Kids Paint Set $1.44 (clearance)
- 1 Mini Sketch Color Book $1.79 (clearance)
- 5 Bumble Bee Tuna $1.19 each.
- 5 Purina Beneful Pouches $.50 (clearance)
- 1 Dog Treats $.75 (clearance)
- 1 Dove Conditioner $4
- 1 Organix Hair Serum $6.99
- 1 Dentek Floss $2
- 1 Scotts Wild Bird Feed $3.99.
- Used (2) $.50/1 MFG for Chex Mix.
- Used $.75/1 MFG for Warm Delights.
- Used $1/5 MFG for Tuna.
- Used $.69 WC for Tuna which took off $2.50.
- Used $5,$4,$3, & (2) $1 RR from previous transactions.
- Total before coupons was $35.39-21.25(coupons)=$14.14+.67(tax)=$14.81. I will also receive $6.99 MIR for Organix which really made it $14.81-6.99=$7.82 for all 21 items! I also received a $4 RR for Dove & a $2 RR for Dentek for future transactions!
- 2 Johnson's Buddies Soaps $.97 each.
- 1 Air Wick Ultra i-Motion $6.
- 1 Curious George 2 DVD $6.99.
- 2 Campbell's Soup $.75 each.
- 2 Kraft Philly Cream Cheese $.99 each.
- 2 Zone Perfect 5ct Bars $4.74 each.
- 1 Giraffalaff Game $6.25 (clearance)
- 1 Snow Block $.75 (clearance)
- 2 Bop-Its $14 each.
- 2 Monopoly Deal Card Games $5.99 each.
- Used (2) $1/1 MFG for Soap.
- Used $5/1 MFG for Air Wick.
- Used $1/1 TC for Air Wick.
- Used $1/2 MFG for Campbell's.
- Used $.55/2 MFG for Cream Cheese.
- Used (2) $1.50/1 MFG for Zone Perfect.
- Used (2) $5/1 MFG for Bop-It.
- Used (2) $5/1 MFG for Monopoly.
- Used (2) $3/1 TC for Bop-It & Monopoly.
- Total before coupons was $74.86-50.53(coupons)=$24.33+1.72=$26.03 for all 16 items! I will receive $5 back in Target grocery credit for purchasing the Curious George 2 DVD.
So overall, I paid $37.61 for 45 items worth $122.25. That is a 69% savings!
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Did you go &/or take your little ones to see this movie when it was at the theatre? We were on vacation in Florida and decided to take our two year old. This was his first movie at the theater ever. He did awesome! He sat and watched the whole thing eating his popcorn & drink. He couldn't get enough of it. When the movie was over he looked at me and said, "More chick-a-muks, Mommy!" We have the first Chipmunks movie at home and he wants to watch it all the time.
For those of you who really liked "Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel", it is now available on DVD, Blu-Ray, & Digital Download. There is a special Double DVD Pack that includes a Bonus Disc "The Squeak Along". This disc has music, mayhem and singalongs. What is better than getting 2 discs for the price of 1. If you are interested in getting a great family friendly movie that is fantastic for any age, this would be the buy for you. I plan to purchase this DVD Pack very soon! You can buy it now if you want!
Be sure to visit their website and Munk yourself! This is a fun thing for you and your kids. I went and designed my own Chipette! She was very styling and you can even record your own audio recording. Your kids can sing or just talk and the Chipmunk will play the recording. There is even More Munk Mayhem here & at Fox Family.
Do you remember watching The Chipmunks as a kid? I sure do. They were one of my favorite characters on TV. I remember always wanting to listen to The Chipmunks Christmas tape every year around Christmas time. I plan to get the Christmas CD for my little guy this year. He will really love it!
Post a comment here and let me know if you saw the movie and what you thought of it. Did you like it better than the first one?
Monday, March 29, 2010
- 1 Reese's Layer Cookies $.81 (clearance).
- 1 Reese's 100 Calorie Snacks $.81 (clearance).
- 1 Colgate Sensitive Toothpaste $3.99.
- 1 CVS Conditioner $.99.
- Used $.75/1 MFG for Colgate.
- Used $1/1 CVSC for Conditioner.
- Used $2 ECB.
- Total before coupons was $6.60-$3.75(coupons)=$2.85+.20(tax)=$3.05 for all 4 items! I received a $3.99 ECB for future transactions.
- 3 Scotch Tape Dispenser $2.29 each.
- 3 Pie Pans $.10 each (clearance).
- 3 Cake Pans $.10 each (clearance).
- 4 Planters Trail Mix $1.50 each.
- 1 Pecan Roll $.42 (clearance).
- 1 Knee Highs $.15 (clearance).
- 1 Olay Body Lotion $7.99.
- 1 Olay In-Shower Body Lotion $4.99.
- 2 Head & Shoulders Shampoo $3.99 each.
- Used $.79 WC for Scotch which took off $4.50.
- Used (3) $.50/1 MFG for Scotch.
- Used $1/2 WC for Planters which took off $2.
- Used (2) $1/2 MFG for Planters.
- Used (2) $1/1 MFG for Olay.
- Used (2) $1/1 MFG for Head & Shoulders.
- Got $4.99 Olay FREE.
- Total before coupons was $30.50-14.49(coupons)=$16.01+1.09(tax)=$17.10. I will receive $7.99 MIR for Olay. This means I only paid $17.10-7.99=$9.11 for all 19 items! I also received (2) $1 RR for future transactions.
Walgreens Transaction 2: (Not Pictured)
- 1 Organix Shampoo $4.99.
- 3 Scotch Tape Dispensers $2.29 each.
- Used $.79 WC for Scotch which took off $4.50.
- Use (3) $.50/1 MFG for Scotch.
- Total before coupons was $11.86-6(coupons)=$5.86+.32(tax)=$6.18. I will receive $4.99 back in MIR for Organix which means I really paid $6.18-4.99=$1.19 for all 4 items!
- 3 Air Wick Ultra Freshmatic $6 each.
- 2 Monopoly Card Games $5.24 each.
- 8 Kellogg's Frosted Mini-Wheats Cereals $2.54 each.
- Used (3) $1/1 TC for Air Wick.
- Used (3) $5/1 MFG for Air Wick.
- Used (2) $5/1 MFG for Monopoly
- Used (3) $1.50/2 MFG for Kellogg's
- Used $1/2 MFG for Kellogg's
- Total before coupons was $48.80-33.50(coupons)=$15.30+.27=$15.57 for 13 items! I also received $10 TGC to use later!
- 1 Orange Bag $5.
- 1 Betty Crocker Cake Mix $1.
- 1 Betty Crocker Frosting $1.
- 1 Vitamin Water $1.02.
- 2 Solar Lights $3 each.
- 1 Star Wars Halloween Costume $2.21.
- 1 Battleship Board Game $6.
- 1 Velvet Poster $1.
- 10 Sobe Life Water $1 each.
- Used $.50/2 TC for Betty Crocker.
- Used (2) $2/1 TC for Solar Lights.
- Used $3/1 TC for Battleship.
- Used $4/1 MFG for Battleship.
- Used (5) B1G1 MFG for SoBe.
- Used FREE MFG for Vitamin Water.
- Used $10 TGC.
- Total before coupons was $32.23-23.50(coupons)=$8.73+.93(tax)=$9.66 for all 19 items! I also received a $5 TGC for future transactions.
Here is what you need to make the cake:
- Cardboard base or cookie sheet
- Tissue paper
- 2 packs of diapers
- Wide Ribbon (1-1.5')
- Thin Ribbon
- Variety Pack of Rubberbands (gives different sizes)
- Bottle of Baby Products (Shampoo, Lotion, Oil, etc)
- Small Bottle (about 4" tall)
- Scotch Tape
- Small Baby Products (Pacifier, Rattle, Teether, Travel Size Shampoo/Lotion/powder, Bib, Small Book, etc.)
Here are the steps:
- Take the cardboard base (I used cardboard from a frozen pizza) or Cookie Sheet & wrap it with the colored tissue paper. Use whatever color for whatever the gender or if you know what color the nursery is.
- Set the Regular size Baby Product in the center of the base. That will be the center of your cake and will help to keep it sturdy.
- Take your pack of newborn diapers & roll them from front to back and place a small rubberband around them. Wrap them as tighty as possible. They will become the inner rings of your cake.
- Place the largest rubberband in your pack around the Baby Product in the center of your base. Place a circle of diapers around your product. The rubberband will hold them in place. For me this was about 8 diapers. The number will depend on the size of your Baby Product Bottle.
- Now place a second circle of diapers around the first circle. The large rubberband will hold both circles of diapers in place.
- Now roll some of your size 1 diapers and use the thin ribbon to hold them together. Tie the ribbon at about 1/3 of the way down the diaper.
- Now place these ribbon wrapped diapers around the others making a third circle. Have the ribbon knot or bow face the outside of the cake. I just tied knots but you can make little bows if you prefer. Remember this will use more ribbon so keep that in mind when you purchase your ribbon.
- Your large rubberband is now around all three circles of diapers. Take your wide ribbon and fasten it around the whole ring of diapers covering the rubberband or you can remove the rubberband once you have tightly fastened the wide ribbon.
- This completes your bottom layer of your cake! Now for the middle layer.
- Place 1 circle of newborn diapers around the Baby Product Bottle. Be sure to use a large rubberband to hold them in place.
- Now Place 1 circle of size 1 diapers wrapped in ribbon around the circle of newborn diapers. You now have two circles for your middle layer. Your large rubberband is holding them all in place.
- Take your wide ribbon and fasten it around your middle layer as you did the bottom layer. You can cover or remove your large rubberband once you have the ribbon fastened.
- This completes your middle layer of your cake. Now for the top layer.
- You will need your small baby bottle now. Attach the bottom of your baby bottle to the baby product bottle with Scotch tape. Remove the bottle lid and set it aside.
- You will now wrap the baby bottle with one layer of size 1 diapers tied with the thin ribbon. Use your large rubberband to hold them in place.
- Now tie the wide ribbon around this circle of diapers. Tada, your cake is made!
- I used a thin ribbon and made a bow for the top of the cake that streamed down the side of the cake. The bow was screwed into the bottle top to be held in place.
- Now the fun part is to decorate it. Take your small items and place them in the folds of the diapers in the cake. Be sure to use the baby bottle lid as one of the decorations. You can use any items you would like, your imagination will make your cake unique from any other.
If you would like to see some other design ideas, visit this website. There are several different color or style ideas there to check out!
- Email Address
- Share a tip that you may have for outsmarting temptation. It can be something you have or would like to do.
Please be sure to make a seperate comment for each entry!
15 Extra Entries:
- Subscribe to Mom On A Mission 2008 (1 entry)
- Become a Facebook Fan of Mom On A Mission 2008 (1 entry)
- Become a Follower of Mom On A Mission 2008 on Twitter (1 entry)
- Technorati Fav Mom On A Mission 2008 (1 entry)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook (2 entries - leave two seperate comments)
- Tweet about this Giveaway - be sure to use this hashtag with your post #MOAM2008Yoplait (2 entries - leave two seperate comments)
- Blog about this Giveaway be sure to come back here and comment with the link (2 entries - leave two seperate comments)
- Add my button to your blog (5 entries - leave 5 seperate comments)
Giveaway is open to US residents and ends 4/2/10. Winner will be chosen via Random.org and will have 24 hours to respond.