Tuesday, April 27, 2010

How to Make a Chocolate Cake in a Coffee Mug!

Do you like cake and sometimes just don't want to take a half hour or more to make one? I know I do. Here is a great recipe for a chocolate cake that only takes 3 minutes and only dirties a coffee mug, measuring spoon and a fork!

Ingredients:
  • Coffee Mug (Large mug makes less mess - Small mug may overflow and make a small mess in your microwave)
  • 4 Tbsp of Flour
  • 4 Tbsp Sugar
  • 2 Tbsp Baking Cocoa (You can also use the same amount of dry pudding mix if you don't want chocolate.)
  • 1 Egg
  • 4 Tbsp Milk
  • 3 Tbsp Oil (I use applesauce instead.)
  • Small Splash of Vanilla

Instructions:

  • Get any coffee mug of your choice.
  • Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.
  • Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
  • Pour in the milk and oil (applesauce) and mix well.
  • Add vanilla and mix again.
  • Put mug in the microwave for 3 minutes. The cake will rise over the top of the mug.
  • Allow to cool, then enjoy.

This was a great, yummy project for me and my 2 year old to do together. I added the ingredients and he stirred. He had so much fun watching it rise in the microwave and then of course there was a delicious end to it! As you can see, I used a large mug so it didn't fill the cup when it was done but it was plenty for the two of us!

Thanks to Jackie for passing this recipe along.

When you try this recipe, come back here and let me know what you thought of it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online