Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pay it Forward

In our economy today, it is the "thing" to be thrifty it seems.  We are always trying to find savings wherever we can and cut corners where we can.  I think sometimes we forget that there are others that don't even have the option to cut corners.  How can you cut when you never start with anything?

Pampers has a campaign running called "Little Miracles Mission".  They had the fabulous mission to Pay-It-Forward within individual communities.  They have sent me a $50 gift card to use to help someone in need.  They told me I could use it however I saw fit to help someone in need.

Here is how I have chosen to use it.  I have a friend from church who works at a local pregnancy resource center.  I asked her to find me a mother that has a real need and could be greatly blessed by $50 worth of goods.  Here is the story for the family I am supporting.

The family of S (names changed for confidentiality) is a couple who recently had a set of twins and already had 4 children.  The father is unemployed and the mother works a part-time job but searching for more employment.  They are definitely struggling but are very thankful for what they do have.  Unemployment is a hard thing to deal with but the fact that they are trying to do better for themselves makes me happy to help support their efforts and be a blessing to them.

With the $50 I was able to purchase 6 bags of diapers, 2 large packs of wipes and a box of disposable nursing pads for the family.  I hope to deliver them this week.  I did not purchase Pampers diapers for this family because I got what was the best deal so I could get them the most possible for the money.  (Pictures to come.)

I love that Pampers is running this promotion.  Babies are a special treasure no matter how they got to this world or what they are like, they are a special little miracle.  Here is a wonderful video that Pampers put together to show their mission.

Because Pampers wants to continue their mission, they are offering one of my readers a $50 gift card to Pay-It-Forward as well.  Here is what you need to do to win the $50 gift card:

1.  Tell me how you would use your $50 gift card.
2.  Once I have read and considered all the entries, I will write a post of how the 2nd $50 will be used.
3.  Once the winner receives  the gift card, they must purchase the items and write a post (if they have a blog and link my blog) or send me an email story about how the $50 was used (so I can make a post).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online