Monday, December 1, 2008

Buyer BEWARE!!!

If any of you have purchased any BiC items and have filled out a rebate form and received your check back from the company, be sure to check your bank statement. My sister-in-law made me aware today that a rebate check she received from BiC has been returned. I quickly went to my bank statement and sure enough, mine had been returned also. I contacted my bank to get the check back for hard proof and I emailed the BiC Corporation. Hopefully they will rectify the situation quickly.

My thought is though, why would they send me a check that is going to bounce? I would rather them not send one at all then having to fight with returned check and fees and all.

If you have had the same thing happen to you, leave a comment here and let us know what you did and if they rectified the situation or not.

Update: Here is the email I received back from BiC today. If you have the same problem, this email should apply to you as well.

We have received your e-mail regarding your BIC rebate check that wasreturned by your bank. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Unfortunately there was a significant business disruption at the company that processes our BIC mail-in rebates.

If you have incurred a bank fee relating to the returned rebate check, please send us evidence of the bank fee that was incurred. You can either e-mail this information to us at this e-mail address or fax it tous at (203) 783-2691. If you are unable to e-mail or fax this information, please let us know and we will send you a postage-paid mailing label to return these items to us.

Once we receive these items from you we will gladly reimburse you for the full amount of the rebate check as well as the bank fee specifically related to the returned check. Please keep a copy of these items for your records as well.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this situation mayhave caused you.

BIC Consumer Affairs

BIC CorporationOne BIC Way,

Suite 1

Shelton, CT 06484-6299 USA(203) 783-2000

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online