Monday, June 15, 2009

Mission Possible Mondays!

HERE IS YOUR MISSION SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT:

Try to visit a small business this week for your needs instead of a mass merchant. Support the little guys this week.

DETAILS:

The small businesses are the core of most towns. Most of us don't realize that. They were around before the mass merchants and provide exceptional service. They are loyal to their customers and are honest and knowledgeable about what they sell. If you really want to know about a product, they are the ones to visit.

I am definitely thankful for the little shops. They are usually unique in some way and offer many different types of higher quality things than you can get from a mass merchant. Check one out that you have never visited and let me know what you think!

DEADLINE:

Try to visit a local small business by Monday, June 22nd.

LAST WEEK'S MISSION: COMPLETE!

Last week's mission was to "Try to eat a fruit and vegetable at every meal and for snacks instead of junk food."

I tried to eat a fruit or vegetable at every meal this week as well as for a snack instead of junk food. Thursday night I was really crazing potato chips but I resisted the urge and ate an apple instead. I felt much better about my snack than I would have if I would have given in to the potato chips.

I visited the local farmer's market and bought a basket full of apples, nectarines, blueberries, watermelon, peppers, and banana! Now I have lots of fruits and a few veggies for this week. The key is to eat fruits and veggies of different colors. Each color gives different nutrients. Be sure to get a variety of things for optimum health.

If you still have trouble eating enough fruits and veggies, another thing you could consider is Juice Plus. I also take Juice Plus to compliment the fruits and veggies that I do eat each day. Click here for more details.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online